Social Distancing Measures
– Outdoor play time in our playground will be staggered to prevent mixing between groups.
– Sharing of supplies, food, toys and other items is limited. Children’s belongings are kept separate in individual storage bins for cubbies and sent home weekly for washing.
– Students may bring their own toy but they must be hard objects that can be disinfected.
The floor is marked for students, teachers, and visitors to walk in designated areas. This includes bathrooms, classrooms, and hallways.
– To preclude crowding at pick up and drop off times, a schedule will be available with staggered times (see page 15)
-All occupants in the building must wear ‘indoor’ shoes, or shoes that are only worn inside. Students must have another pair of ‘outdoor’ shoes during times that they have recess in the Tessa playground
-No students are allowed to bring any soft toys (e.g. stuffed animals) into the building, as we cannot sanitize them.
Healthy Hygiene practices
-Healthy hygiene practices such as washing hands and covering coughs and sneezes among children will be taught and practiced throughout the day. Students will wash hands between activities, before eating, and upon coming back into the building from recess. Teachers and students will practice frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
-A hand hygiene station is set up at the entrance of the school for children to clean their hands before entering.
MASKS: Masks are strongly encouraged for the children, and are mandatory for staff. If the children are outside and the temperature exceeds 80 degrees, they may remove masks. They may also remove masks outside if the group is at least 6 feet away from any other group.
– Barrier gestures (such as covering mouths when sneezing) are repeated every day using our Tessa video and periodically by teachers
– Tessa will provide adequate supplies to support healthy hygiene behaviors, including soap, hand sanitizer, tissues, and masks and gloves as needed.
– Frequently touched surfaces and objects are sanitized multiple times throughout the day. This includes restrooms, desks, countertops, doorknobs, computer keyboards, hands‐on learning items, nap pads, chairs, cubbies, faucet handles, toys and playground structures.
– Objects that cannot be sanitized (e.g., soft toys, cushions, carpets) will be removed from classrooms.
-All toys that children have interacted with will be placed into a ‘used toy’ bin until they are cleaned by hand by a person wearing gloves.
– Children with symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath must stay at home
– Parents should contact Tessa to let us know updates about the symptoms.
-If your child becomes ill during the day with a fever (100.4 degrees or higher), dry cough, and/or shortness of breath, he will be isolated, and you will be notified to pick him up right away.
-Symptoms of Covid-19 may be modified as the CDC guidelines may change.
Pickup/ Drop off process
– Follow the drop-off and pickup time which corresponds to your child(ren) class. No early drop off will be possible.
– Parents of children in the twos drop their child by the playground door.
– Parents are required to wait outside the school at pickup time while the teacher leads students outside.
COVID-19 Present Symptom Protocol at Tessa
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
-If a student is showing two or more of the above symptoms, or a fever of 100.4 or over, while in school they will be brought to another room to isolate from other students until a parent or approved caregiver can pick them up. In order to return to school the student will need a doctor’s note allowing them to return to school. Although this protocol has much more rigor than what we usually have in place, we must take high precautions to ensure the safety of our students and our Tessa community at large.
Short-term closure of building policy
– The Administrative Team will coordinate with local health officials. If we learn of a COVID-19 case that connects to Tessa International School we will immediately notify local health officials.
– The Administrative Team will communicate with staff, parents, and students about the dismissal decisions and the possible COVID-19 exposure and will maintain confidentiality of the student or staff member name as required by the law.
– The school will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected throughout the day.