– June 1 start –
Candidates are invited to join an exciting, growing international school with three immersion tracks, the International Baccalaureate, the Yale SEL, and the French curriculum. Reporting to the Head of School, the Assistant Principal for Admissions and Operations works collaboratively to promote smooth day-to-day functioning of the school in support of students’ social, emotional, and academic growth. The Assistant Principal is responsible for day-to-day operations, hygiene, safety and security, billing and contracting, scheduling, and takes the lead in admissions and reenrollment.
This position has growth potential, as the school is expanding.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Assistant Principal is a 12-month position with key responsibilities outlined below. The Head of School may assign additional duties in support of School objectives.
- Actively promote a climate of respect and understanding amongst faculty and staff, students, and parents.
- In conjunction with the leadership team, create and maintain schedules, calendars, and assistant teacher supervision.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to coordinate and actively lead in all school events, including information sessions, tours, certain events such as picture day or concerts, and all admissions events.
- Participate in the onboarding, support, and supervision of assistant teachers.
- Coordinate field trips and special events through online form submissions.
- Oversee specials teachers and classes
- In cooperation with the Head of School, ensure compliance with government regulations and agencies, and maintain the educational standards established by the state and by those agencies that examine and accredit the School.
- Supervise and evaluate assistant teachers.
- Organize and onboard substitutes.
- Facilitate the admission process along with the Head of School for the full processing and communications with applicants for enrollment, specific to grade-levels.
- Prepare detailed monthly enrollment reports.
- Represent Tessa in a manner that reflects the Mission and the Core Beliefs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Oversee arrivals and dismissals.
- Create and track agreements and invoices.
- Subbing as needed
- Previous experience at an international school and/or cultural fluency derived from international experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in education or management; preferably with experience in admissions desirable.
- Previous International Baccalaureate PYP or French Curriculum and bilingual immersion experience preferred.
- Three to five years of administrative experience required.
- Supervisory, appraisal and hiring experience.
- Ability to prioritize, work effectively under pressure, and pay attention to many details
- Passion for Tessa’s mission
- Experience with Ravenna, TADS, or other admissions or financial aid database systems
- Strong communication skills, a sense of humor, humility, and empathy
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Fluency in a language in addition to English would be an asset, preferably Spanish or Mandarin