Reporting to the Head of School, the Makers Space and English Language Specialist will teach English Enrichment lessons and manage the library and Makers Space. They will also coordinate projects in the STEAM lab with the homeroom teachers.
They plan and develop lessons reflecting best practices, providing student support, collaborating with colleagues, supervisors, and students to build a connected and positive learning environment, within a bilingual, global curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Contribute to Tessa’s Mission and Values.
2. Contribute to a climate of respect and understanding amongst faculty and staff, students, and parents.
3. Represent Tessa in a manner that reflects the Mission and the Core Beliefs of Learning.
4. Plan and implement clear, well-thought-out lesson plans that connect in-class learning to concepts and real-world situations and generate enthusiasm and academic excellence in the classroom.
5. Teach English languages enrichment lessons.
6. Coordinate projects in the STEAM lab with the homeroom teachers.
7. Use a variety of developmentally appropriate instructional and assessment methods to meet the needs of all learners and provide varied forms of feedback on learning.
8. Monitor the academic, personal, emotional, and social progress of students.
9. Use technology purposefully in the classroom to enhance learning and to provide information and feedback to students and parents.
10. Establish and maintain standards of student behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
11. Practice regular, punctual attendance of instructional periods.
12. Ensure the digital safety of students, following Digital Community and Zoom protocols and guidelines
13. Communicate in a timely, clear, and effective manner with students, parents, and colleagues, informally and formally.
14. Demonstrate a willingness to be available to students within contractual hours in addition to instructional time.
15. Prepare adequately for responsibilities to be assumed when absent.
16. Fulfill regular administrative tasks, such as timely completion and correction of attendance.
17. Engage with students, colleagues, and parents to foster a sense of community.
18. Work with colleagues, management, and staff in a constructive, collaborative, and cooperative manner.
19. Actively seek opportunities for professional growth.
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a fluent English speaker
- Experience teaching STEAM, English teaching or Makers Space management preferred
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Previous teaching experience of 3-5 years is preferable
- Experience with the IB PYP is preferable, but not required
- Passion for Tessa’s mission
- Strong communication skills, a sense of humor, humility, and empathy
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Previous experience at an international school and/or cultural fluency derived from international experience is a plus
Salary commensurate with experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $40,000.00 per year