The pandemic has changed education forever, and more families are seeking out schools that are fully in-person rather than remote. As of mid-October, 6 in 10 independent schools were operating in-person and just 5% were fully online, according to a survey by the National Association of Independent Schools.
Tessa International School is open –on-site with virtual class options. Thanks to our dedicated staff, our day-time and night crew cleaners, and to the collaboration of our families, we maintain a safe environment for our community. Since reopening in June, we’ve put in place and continually improve strict cleaning protocols as well as social distancing measures. Most of all, communication with and among our community has resulted in Tessa staying safe.
This flexibility is only one of the reasons that make Independent Schools so special. Here are 8 more reasons why you should think about sending your child to private school:
1. Independence in the truest sense of the word.
Independent school teachers have the freedom to create educational experiences that meet each child’s needs.
- Guided by the International Baccalaureate, the requirements of the NJ department of Education and European / Chinese standards, our program at Tessa reflects our philosophy, our knowledge and experience. We review and revise it annually, keeping it relevant, challenging and engaging for our students.
2. Mission-driven education.
Each independent school is driven by its own unique philosophy, values, and approach to teaching.
- At Tessa, through understanding and respect, we aim to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring children. We prepare our students to be leaders of the future that they will live in and happy world citizens.
3. High academic standards.
- At Tessa, we provide a world-class education, based on the most successful international models. We emphasize social emotional development of children in conjunction with strong academic challenge.
4. Small classes that allow for individual attention.
- Our Adult to Child Ratios do not exceed 1:5 in Nursery, 1:7 in Preschool, 1:10 in Kindergarten and Primary.
5. Excellent teachers.
- Our teachers are all native speakers in the target-language. We are very proud to be part of a multi-cultural community of energetic, experienced education professionals who are open-minded and deeply invested in their work.
6. Education for the whole child.
- The “Tessa Touch” is what makes our school different: In addition to our academic core, we incorporate values, a “savoir vivre” to our curriculum. These include table manners, celebrating diversity, caring for the environment…
- Here at Tessa, we are very proud of the many cultures – 33 different cultural backgrounds – in our staff and community. This wonderful mix of backgrounds, along with our curriculum is what makes our school, and your child’s education, truly international – and special!
8. A community of parents who actively participate in their children’s education.
- The Parent Organization plays a vital role in Tessa International School’s community-building efforts. It is the School’s and PO’s joint mission to build a cohesive, global-minded community and work together to make a difference in every child.
Private schools create an environment where your child can develop intellectually, emotionally and socially. Parents who value small class sizes, increased safety, a connected community and dedicated teachers find that private schools are a good fit for their child and provide an optimal education experience.
To set your child up for academic success, consider enrolling in private school. Send us a message or call us at (201) 755-5585. We are happy to answer your questions, and we look forward to speaking with you. To learn more about our school, please join us for a virtual information session, or schedule a private tour.